Monday, August 12, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 August 2019


The Lost

“And he spake this parable unto them, saying, What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?... Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost… For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.” 
(Luke 15:3-7; 8-9; 24)

Today’s Morsel:  If you notice Luke’s writings about the parable of the lost, he listed three things that Jesus said were lost.  The sheep, the coin, and the prodigal son.  If you will notice, when you read the entire parable, only two things were sought after, they were the sheep and the coin.  The son was not sought after. He had to come to his senses and go home by himself. Lost sheep are the ones that we go after.  We don’t chase prodigals, they must come to themselves.  They know what is in the father’s house because they have been there, they have tasted and seen.  As Jesus told His disciples, “Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." (Matthew 10:5-8)  Stop chasing prodigals.  Pray for them and let them come to themselves.  You go to the lost sheep. 

Sing: One night while on life's raging sea it looked as if I would suffer defeat.  As the blackness of night closed off the light my heart sank with fear.  My desperate cry rang out with fright; all I could see was no hope in sight. With faith all but gone I met the one who came looking for me.
Chorus: He came looking for me, He came looking for me. He made a way when there was no way that I could see.  When I drifted so far Jesus was near to rescue my soul and calms all my fears.  Now I'm safe from all harm since I met the one who came looking for me.
(2nd Verse)
Satan had already picked out my grave, his plan was to foil and put me away.
  I'd drifted so far, would anyone care that I'd soon be lost.  I knew my destruction was a matter of time but Jesus appeared and said this one is mine.  Now I'm safe with no harm for He walked through the storm when He was looking for me. 

Thought For Today:  Are you lost or a prodigal?

No comments:

Post a Comment