Friday, August 30, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 August 2019


Say What?

“But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.” (Luke 6:27-30)

Today’s Morsel:  Jesus' teachings often took people totally by surprise.  What they often heard was not what they wanted to hear.  When He told them, “ Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.(John 6:53)  I’m sure many of them went, ‘Say what?’ Eat your flesh and drink your blood?  Seriously Jesus!"  When He told them, “For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me” (Matthew 10:35-38);  Again, they probably said, ‘Say what?’  There seem to be many passages that would cause even us to utter ‘Say what?’ But God’s ways aren’t our ways.  They always have a much deeper meaning.  So, before you throw in the towel and walk away, make sure you get an understanding.  I know that many may think they may have understood what Jesus said, but I’m not for sure they understood what He meant.  With all your getting, get an understanding.  

Sing: By and by when the morning comes, when all the saints of God are gathering home, we will tell the story how we’ve overcome, we will understand it better by and by.

Thought For Today: Wisdom is the principle thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment