Monday, July 29, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 July 2019


Stop Complaining

I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.” (Psalms 77:3)

Today’s Morsel:  Do you feel as though you are being overwhelmed?  Have you stopped to determine if you have been complaining a lot?  The psalmist said, "I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed."   Job felt overwhelmed.  He said, “Even today is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning.  Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat!  I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments. I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me.” (Job 23:2-5)  The meaning is not that he made bitter complaints in the sense which those words would naturally convey, or that he meant to find fault with God, but that his case was a hard one.  His friends furnished him no relief.  Paul said that we should do all things without murmurings and disputings (Philippians 2:14).  Everything that we do, we should do unto the glory of the Lord and stop complaining about it.

Sing: Are you weary, are you heavy-hearted?  Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus.  Are you grieving over joys departed?  Tell it to Jesus a lone.
Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus, He is a friend that’s well known.  You have no other such a friend or brother, tell it to Jesus alone.

Thought For Today:  Don't complain or you may get overwhelmed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment