Friday, July 19, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 July 2019


No Limit

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:11-13)

Today’s Morsel:  May I ask you a question?  Do you have the strength to be content?  Why are so many Christians not content when they say that they have Christ in their lives?  Why are they not satisfied with who they are, what they have, and where they live?  Paul said that he had learned that no matter his state, to be content.  He knew how to use the power of the Holy Ghost that God had given him.  He knew how to live. Having this understanding from Paul, we too should know how to live and be content.  We should know how to regain our strength, love others, walk in peace toward those that are without, and be filled with His joy.  We should even know how to behave in our adversities, infirmities, necessities, reproaches, distresses, persecutions, and weakness.  We should be able to do all things through the one that has all Power and lives in us.  Be content!

Sing: I’ve got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, oh what a change in my life.  I’ve got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, oh what a change in my life.  I’ve got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, oh what a change in my life; oh what a change… in my life.

Thought For Today: Contentment…letting Jesus work. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment