Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 September 25

“Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbour's house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee” (Proverbs 25:17).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things I’ve found about so called Christian fellowship is some people just don’t know when to go home.  As Kenny Rogers sang, “You got to know when to hold on and when to fold them and when to walk away."  And that includes saying goodnight.  Yes, you can wear out your welcome, and too much familiarity can breed contempt.   In essence, Solomon says that you need to learn when to go.  Always remember, Christian fellowship is to strengthen the body not wear it out.

Sing: Lead me, Lord, I will follow.  Lead me, Lord, I will go. You have called me, I will answer, lead me, Lord, I will go.


Thought For Today:  Don’t wear out your welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment