Thursday, September 20, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 September 20

“Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee” (Proverbs 20:22).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about us human is there is within us that unrighteous spirit to get even when others do us wrong or we think that others are not supportive of us or that they might be against us. As born-again believers, we must live as Paul said with a spirit of the absence of malice (see Ephesians 4:31).  He said that every kind and sort of evil are to be put away, and we are to manifest only that which is good in our lives.  Solomon said don’t say in your heart that you will get even, but learn to wait on the Lord and allow Him to save you (My wording). If you take matters into your own hands to get even, be assured God isn’t with you.

Sing:  I lean on You, Lord, I lean on You Lord.  For the things that I need I lean on You.  When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You're going to see me through.  You supply my every need and I lean on You.


Thought For Today:  “Always keep malice out of your heart” (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment