Friday, September 21, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 September 21

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away. So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 13:47-50).

Today’s Morsel:  I have had an opportunity to see many of the fish from the bodies of waters created by God.  And I will tell you that in each body of water there are different types of fish.  Most fishermen will tell you that when you use a net to fish with, you are more than likely to draw in different kinds of fish when you pull in your nets.  There may be fish that they know they cannot keep and so they must cast them from the boat or give for other purposes. Jesus often uses the analogy of fishing to teach about His Kingdom and to allow us to see that all of creation, as far as humans, will be gathered before Him.  But then He shows us that some will not be kept but cast away, the same as fishermen do today.  When His nets are drawn in, will you be kept or cast away?  I pray you will be kept in the boat.  You can make sure today. 

Sing:  I know am saved and I’m so glad about it.  I’ve found the joy my spirit craved.  It is so real that I could never doubt Him, O’ praise the Lord I know I’m saved.


Thought For Today: Jesus only keeps the good fish (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment