Thursday, February 9, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 February 9

“So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep” (John 21:15-17).

Today’s Morsel:  Do you really love Jesus?  One of the things I often examine myself for, is to ensure that what I say, is what I mean.  I have seen many who say that they love Jesus, but their actions do not reflect their words.  Even Jesus said, “This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me” (Matthew 15:8).  Your heart is bound to expose what is in it.  Peter, who had denied the Lord three times, now found that he was being asked three times by the Lord if he loved Him.  What would your answer be, if Jesus asked you this question?  I know that most of us would say “yes”.  But really, the answering of this question does not require a “Yes.”  The answer to this question requires action.  Because if we say “yes” and our actions don’t align with what we say, we feel like failures.  And this is one of the reasons I believe so many Christians struggle in their walk and relationship with Christ.  They are quick to say “yes” without understanding the requirements.  He loves us.  And because He loves us, we should be willing to share the love that He has shown to us with others by telling them what He has done for us, and how they, too, can experience His love.   You don’t need to answer “yes” just do it.  Actions speak louder than words.

Sing:  Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me, for the Bible tells me so.

Thought For Today:  Actions speak louder than words.

1 comment:

  1. "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works" (James 2:18).

    ReplyDelete