Saturday, February 11, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 February 11

And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the LORD hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me. (Genesis 29:32)

Today’s Morsel:  There are so many people who are hurt daily for trying to do things for others because they want to feel loved.  Children work hard in school to get good grades because they want to be loved.  Wives try to prepare the right meal because they want to be loved.  Husbands try to provide for their wives and children because they want to be loved.  But sad to say, many become hurt when they are rejected or not shown love.  I might be able to understand this from the people of world, but not from the children of God.  Leah was loved less by Jacob then his love shown for Rachel.  He loved Rachel from the very first sight.  Rachel was who he wanted.  But Leah loved Jacob and did everything she could to win his heart, all because she wanted to be loved.  Sad to say, there is no indication of how much Jacob loved Leah until the time of his death.  “And he charged them, and said unto them, I am to be gathered unto my people: bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite, In the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite for a possession of a buryingplace. There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife; there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife; and there I buried Leah” (Genesis 49:29-31).  He desired to be buried with her instead of Rachel.  Don’t wait until the time of your death to show your love, do it now; someone else’s joy may be depending on it.

Sing: Love, love, God’s mighty love; Love found a pardon for me.

Thought For Today:  Someone else’s joy may be depending on your love (Parker).

1 comment:

  1. Jesus, help me to love like you and maintain a sensitivity to the Spirit so that I may love others when it's needed most! Help me to remain OUTWARDLY focused.

    ReplyDelete