Thursday, January 5, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 January 5

“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart” (Deuteronomy 6:4-6)

Today’s Morsel:  Last year I purposed in my heart to hide as much of the word of God in my heart through memorization of the scripture that I could so that I would not forget God.  I figured that if I were studying and memorizing the word, it would help me stay focused on the most important thing in my life; and that is to know God and to make Him known and maintain a close relationship and walk with Him.  Moses told the children of Israel that they were to love the Lord with all their heart, soul and might and to keep this command in their heart.  If we do not love God with all our being and keep Him first in all that we do, then we may not prosper and be in good health.

Sing:  I love Jesus best of all.  For He saves my soul from sin, gives me peace and joy within; I’ve been buried in His name and of Him I’m not ashamed, for I love Jesus best of all.

Thought For Today:  The most important thing in life is to know God and to make Him known.

No comments:

Post a Comment