Friday, January 20, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 January 20

“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments”
(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

Today’s Morsel:  Have you ever allowed anything or anyone to steal your joy.  Have you ever allowed what someone else said or did take the pleasure out of your day?  Do you allow things and people to steal your joy?  Habakkuk seems to strike the cord of continual joy and rejoicing for us when he says that he will continue to rejoice in the Lord though nothing else is going well for him.  You see, when your relationship and hope is in the Lord, nothing should be able to separate you from doing what you know to do is right.  Especially when you know it deals with your state of joy and you know that it will glorify God.  Continue doing the things you know to do that are right in the Lord.

Sing:  Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice.  Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice.  Rejoice, rejoice, and again I say rejoice.  Rejoice, rejoice, and again I say rejoice.  Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice.

Thought For Today:  Be a praise singer today.


No comments:

Post a Comment