Saturday, January 28, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 January 28

I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. (Job 29:14)

Today’s Morsel:  If you ever observe some of the commercials for UNICEF or Compassion Services Organizations, many of them show pictures of people hungry and without clothing.  We see that when God created Adam and Eve, they were not clothed.  They were in a state of innocence until they sinned and then they knew that they were naked.  Isn’t it amazing that most people don’t know they are naked or who they are until they come into a relationship with Jesus?  Most people that wore sagging clothes or the bedroom look out into public, immediately see that they need to change when they have a true repentant heart with Christ.  Job said that he put on righteousness and it clothed him.  Do you now see why when people come in contact with Jesus with a broken spirit and a contrite heart, they change?  When they put on righteousness, which is Christ, which is the gospel, they see that their attire needs to be changed also.  They want to be clothed.  You don’t have to tell people what to wear, just give them the gospel in love and watch what Jesus will do in their heart.  If there is a true repentant heart, they will see for themselves and change.

Sing:  He’s changing me, my blessed savior, I’m not the same person that I used to be; well, it’s been slow going, but there’s a knowing, that someday perfect I will be.

Thought For Today:  The best wardrobe is righteousness (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment