Saturday, July 2, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 July 2

Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things: Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us? For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted. (Psalms 12:1-8)

Today’s Morsel:  Often, I sit and ponder, and I ask myself, how did we as a church allow the world to get to in such a terrible state?  Yes, I know that the world has always been evil, and that evil seducers will wax worse and worse, and that this world is not our home.  But if 75 percent of the world’s population says that they believe in God, should not we have the upper hand over the world.  Oh, I know that we win in the end.  But how many will be lost in the end because the church didn’t do what it was supposed to do?  Will those who we think will be lost prevent us from entering in because we never told them about Jesus?  David cried for the Lord to help because the godly man ceased. He said when the vilest men are exalted, the wicked walk on every side. And we see this in the world today. What is your cry today?

Sing: Jesus use me, Oh Lord don’t refuse me. for surely there’s a work that I can do. And even though it’s humble, Lord help my will to crumble. Though the cost be great, I’ll work for You.

Thought For Today:  The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment