Monday, April 4, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 April 4

“O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry; For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave. I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength: Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand” (Psalms 88:1-5)

Today’s Morsel: The other day I was sitting musing on all the things that Jesus has made me free from.  And the number one thing was from myself.  I now find myself preferring others over and before myself, where in times past it would have been all about me.  Jesus told the religious leaders, “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed” (John 8:36).  When we become born again, we are made free.  We become new creatures in Christ.  Therefore, those who are not not new creatures, are still dead spiritually and we are free among them.  So what do we do with this new given freedom.  Yes, we work to keep ourselves free and not become entangled with the yokes of bondage again to fear (Galatians 5:1), but now we must go about seeking to make those who are dead spiritually free by sharing the truth of God’s word with them.  If the word made us free, that same word still has the power to make others free also. “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise” (Proverbs 11:30).

Sing: He set me free, He set me free, He broke the bonds of prison for me, I’m glory bound my Jesus to see, for glory to God, He see me free.

Thought For Today: “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed” (John 8:36).

No comments:

Post a Comment