Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 April 27

And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. (Hebrews 11:39-40)

Today’s Morsel:  I am saddened by the number of people who have lost their focus and love for their eternal home. Some of the saddest passages I read in the Bible are those after the spies give their evil report, in Numbers chapters 13 and 14.  God tells them that they will not be able to enter the Promised Land because they did not believe Him.  Every time I read those passages, I pray, "God don’t let this happen to me.  Don't let me lose my focus."   The Psalmist tells us that today, if we hear His voice, don't harden our hearts  as they did.  They did and could not enter into the promise (Psalms 95).  I know that sometimes it seems hard when things are coming against us, and it seems that all the world is against us, but we must not lose focus of where we are headed.  Always remember that the best is yet to come.

Sing: I’m going to a city there'll be no more night. I’ll going to city where Jesus is the light.  The trumpet's gonna sound and I’ll be called away, I’m going to a city someday.

Thought For Today:  Eternity is obtained by faith! (Parker)

1 comment:

  1. I will be happy if you read my comment. I must say that I like all your posts and wait for new ones. That's because they seem so great and suitable for me. Thanks a ton for uploading your articles.
    io jogos gratis
    play free friv Games
    a10 kids

    ReplyDelete