Monday, April 11, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 April 11

My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger, Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend. (Proverbs 6:1-3).

Today’s Morsel:  The big thing today is many people wanting you to join them as their friend on Facebook.  But are they really your friend?  What would you classify as a friend?  They say that most people can count the number of their true friends on one hand.  Solomon said that a friend loveth at all times and a brother is born for adversity.  True friends will call to check up on you.  True friends will tell you when you are right and when you are wrong.  True friends will ensure you don’t do wrong things when they are with you.  True friends will follow through with what they say they will do for you.  True friends will stick by you when everyone else walks away, even when you have done wrong and are found guilty.  Solomon said that before you cosign with someone, you need to make sure that they will repay, or you will find yourself having to repay it for them.  I suggest that you make sure your friends before you accept them as your friends.

Sing: I, I have a friend His name is Jesus, Jesus.  I, I have a friend His name is Jesus, Jesus.  He’s a Rock that I can lean on, He’s a shelter from every storm.  I, I have a friend, His name is Jesus.

Thought For Today: Keep your face in “The Book” and you can make sure your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment