Wednesday, December 3, 2014

2014 December 3 - Morning Manna

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled (2 Corinthians 10:3-6).

Today's Morsel:  A few weeks ago, I preached a message about controlling our thoughts.  It is amazing the number of people who suffer from wrong and evil thoughts.  As I was studying, I felt the Lord speak to me that most people do not understand that His word is also given to us to be used as a sifter to help us sift out evil thoughts that may come into our life through our senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, feel).  Thoughts are first presented to us through our senses, and if we accept them, whether good or evil, they will grow in our minds if we retain them.  And once they grow, they can become strongholds.   Therefore, we should ensure that every thought is filtered through the Word of God.  "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God..." (1 John 4:1).  I think it might be time we start bringing our thoughts into the obedience of Christ.  How's your sifter working today?

Sing: You are the words to the music, You are the song that I sing. You are the melody, You are the harmony, praises to Your name I bring. You are the Mighty God, You are the Prince of Peace, You are the King of all kings. Now I give back to You the song that You gave to me, You are the song that I sing.

Thought for Today:  Every defeat  and every victory begins with a thought.

1 comment:

  1. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.Jogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020

    ReplyDelete