Tuesday, December 2, 2014

2014 December 2 - Morning Manna

And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry (Acts 1:15-17).

Today’s Morsel:  How many people do you know whom at one time or another served God with you?  I mean they were in church with you, you saw them baptized, and they may have preached and taught Sunday school, led the youth group, or sang in the choir. They may have even been your pastors, but now they are missing in action. They are no longer serving God the same way you are. I don’t know about you, but this is heartbreaking and, in some cases, gut-wrenching for me. I’m always taken aback when people fall from the truth. I can only imagine what the apostles of Jesus must have felt like when Judas turned on Jesus and walked away. Judas had partaken of everything the other disciples had experienced. He had seen the miracles, heard the teaching, had his feet washed, and even partook of the Last Supper. If they took pictures in those days, he was in the picture. Even today, when I look at some of my old pictures, I see men and women who started out with me but are now no longer serving God. Like Judas, they had part in this ministry but now have gone astray. Therefore, I have come to realize that I must maintain a strong relationship with Jesus so that I do not fall away. I don’t want to think I stand; I want to know that I stand. And I can only do that by obeying God’s Word and keeping myself accountable to a true man or woman of God.  
  
Sing: He's my bread when I'm hungry, He's my water when I'm thirsty. He's my shelter in the time of the storm.  He's the Lily of the Valley, The Bright and Morning Star. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus , He's my all.

Thought for Today: Forfeiture of one's salvation for worldly pleasure is a large price to pay.

1 comment:

  1. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.Jogos 2019
    friv free online Games
    free online friv Games

    ReplyDelete