Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 January 7 - Morning Manna

And the people took their dough before it was leavened, their kneadingtroughs being bound up in their clothes upon their shoulders. (Exodus 12:34)
 
Today's Morsel:   When the Apostle Paul wrote to the church,  "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God"(1 Corinthians 2:9-10), he was saying that if you want to know the things of God, you have to allow the spirit to lead you into deeper things. I love it when God reveals to me the meaning of certain things in scripture. I am often amazed at the number of types and shadows of things in scripture that reflect Jesus.  For example, The Ark, The Tabernacle in the Wilderness, The Manna, and the Living Water, just to name a few, are all reflections of Jesus.  When we realize that the Ark was patterned for the salvation of Noah and his family, we can understand why neither is there salvation in any other but Jesus. Everything about that Ark reflects Christ, the same as the Tabernacle in the Wilderness and the other aforementioned things. Even the Spirit like as a dove that descend upon Jesus as He was baptized by John the Baptist, was a type and shadow of the dove that returned to Noah in the Ark. When the children of Israel were departing Egypt, they brought their kneading troughs with them. A kneading trough was used knead the yeast into the flour to make bread and to allow it to rise. According to Wikipedia, a manger is a trough. And since Jesus is call the bread of life, we can see why some say He was placed in a manger/trough at His birth by Mary and Joseph. As Jesus told the religious leaders, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life" (John 5:39-40).  Do you need some manna from heaven today? Well, Jesus is still the bread of life. "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.  He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever" (John 6:53-58).  Are you having daily communion with Him?
 
Sing: "Come and dine" the Master calleth, "Come and dine," you may feast at Jesus table all the time, He who fed the multitude, turned the water into wine, to the hungry calleth now, "Come and dine."

No comments:

Post a Comment