Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 January 6 - Morning Manna

The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul: but it is abomination to fools to depart from evil. (Proverbs 13:19)
 
 
Today's Morsel: My wife often asks me what my day holds. In other words, she is asking me, "What do you have planned or what are you going to be doing today?"  If it's summer and I have plans for doing work around the house, I will tell her the things I have planned. And when I finish, I always feel so good when I can look at my list and see that everything I had planned for the day was accomplished.  The same holds true for church work days.  The list looks so long at the onset, but when the day is done and everything is accomplished, we all feel good about what we have accomplished.  Ask the young adults who walk across the stage on graduation and are handed their diplomas how it feels.  Ask the young soldiers when they have completed basic training how they feel.  There is that sense of inner pride of accomplishment that is so sweet to the feeling of doing what you have set your hand to do, that you just say to yourself, "WOW, I did it!"  The feeling of self accomplishment can't be explained.  And the same will hold true when we cross that Jordan into the promised land, and hear Jesus say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!"  We'll be able to say, "WOW, I did it!"
 
 
Sing: Our beloved Father, Please come down and meet us, We are waiting on Your touch.  Open up the heavens, Shower down Your presence, We respond to Your great love.  We won't be satisfied with anything ordinary, We won't be satisfied at all.  (Chorus)

Chorus: Open up the sky, Fall down like rain, We don't want blessings, We want you.  Open up the sky, Fall down like fire, We don't want anything but You.

Our beloved Jesus, We just want to see You, In the glory of Your light.  Earthly things don't matter,  They just fade and shatter When we're touched by love divine. We won't be satisfied with anything ordinary, We won't be satisfied at all. (Chorus) 

Bridge: Here we go lets go to the throne, The place that we belong, Right into His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment