Friday, January 24, 2014

2014 January 24 - Morning Manna

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
(Romans 8:5-10)

Today's Morsel:  After reading and listening to the news a few weeks ago, they had become concerned that people were not going to spend much money as in the past years' Christmases.  But as times passed, the reports were coming in that most stores were in the black.   I sat and wondered of all the spending taking place, how much of it went towards something to edify the spirit.  I wonder how many Bibles were purchased and given as gifts.  I wonder how much was spent on spreading the gospel to a lost and dying world.  It seems as though the longer the Lord tarries the more people are trying to satisfy the flesh more than the Spirit.  What I have found is this, if you feed and take care of the spiritual man in your life, the fleshly man will be under subjection and he will remain dead, and you will live because your life will be full of righteousness.

Sing: The Lord saved me, why should I be bound? The Lord saved me, why should I be bound? The Lord saved me, why should I be bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment