Friday, March 22, 2013

2013 March 22 - Morning Manna

Again Esther spake unto Hatach, and gave him commandment unto Mordecai; All the king's servants, and the people of the king's provinces, do know, that whosoever, whether man or woman, shall come unto the king into the inner court, who is not called, there is one law of his to put him to death, except such to whom the king shall hold out the golden sceptre, that he may live: but I have not been called to come in unto the king these thirty days. And they told to Mordecai Esther's words. Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king's house, more than all the Jews. For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?(Esther 4:10-14)
Today's Morsel: For some unknown reason, many Christians think that just because they have received Jesus as their personal Savior that's all God requires of them. They've taken on the mindset of once saved always saved. While others who have been baptized and received the Holy Ghost think "I'm okay they're okay". Is this all God required us when He saved us? The Lord said through the prophet Isaiah, "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God" (Isaiah 43:10-12). If we are His witness, shouldn't we be doing something to tell others about Him? The early church was willing to die to share the gospel so that others could be made free. Mordecai told Esther, "Don't think that just because you are in the kings house that you are safe." Just because you are in the church, don't think you are safe. There is an enemy out there trying his very best to get in to destroy you. While you are in the King's house, you have the authority and power to deliver others from the torment and torture of the enemy. Jude tells us, "And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh"(Jude 1:22-23). What's your purpose for being in the Kingdom if your aren't going to set the captives free? People are suffering and trying to find the way, and who knows whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Sing: Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere, go tell on the mountain, that Jesus Christ is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment