Tuesday, March 12, 2013

2013 March 12 - Morning Manna

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:7-10)
Today's Morsel: Which would you say is more troubling to you, Cancer or Alzheimers. Diabetes or Headaches? Footache or backache? Cold or Flu? You know it seems that every time folks go to the doctor these days, they leave with some kind of troubling information. My health care provider wanted me to come in for an annual physical, and so I did. I had to do that fasting lab thing and to my surprise my blood test showed the same thing that was wrong with me the year before. Hummmm! I guess if nothing changes nothing changes!! And so when I saw my provider he recommend the same thing he did the year before. Only this time he told me that I could get the stuff to help me cheaper at Wal-Mart. Ha! When do we get to the point where we trust God? When do we get to the point that we, like Paul, glory in our infirmities that the power of God may rest upon us. You know this flesh is going to have issues. From the time we are born, it's heading back to where it came from, the dust. You can paint it up, hole it up, mark it up, wash it up, and try to keep it up, but one day, it's going to give up! So wouldn't it be better if we learn to rejoice in our tribulation, knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope, And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. I'm not trying to down play your aches and pain. God knows I have them myself. But I have just made up my mind that I'm not going to let my pain and diagnosis become my identity. So as for me, when it aches, I praise. Because scripture tells me to rejoice evermore and to in everything give thanks (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18); And that He hath, "Appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified"(Isaiah 61:3). Sometimes your aches and pains just might need to be shouted out.
Sing: When gloom and sadness whispers, you've sinned no use to pray, I look away to Jesus, and He tells me to say.
I see, a crimson stream of blood, it flows from Calvary. It's waves which reach the throne of Godare sweeping over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment