Friday, March 1, 2013

2013 March 1 - Morning Manna

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. (Psalms 27:10)
Today's Morsel:King David seemed to have so much confidence in God that nothing was able to shake him. David had seen what God would do on behalf of the righteous. He knew that God would deliver and that God would set free anyone that belonged to Him. He said, "The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion...; Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand"(Psalms 20:1-2; 6). How did He know that? He told Saul, " Moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine" (1 Samuel 17:37). Even as Samuel told the people, "For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people. Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way: Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you" (1 Samuel 12:22-24). David said, "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up." He said that even though there may a natural rejection, there will always be a spiritual reception. And here's why: "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalms 16:10-11)
Sing: Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, for the Bible tells me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment