Friday, February 15, 2013

2013 February 15 - Morning Manna

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. (Psalms 118:1-4)
Today's Morsel: Isn't it amazing that the writers of the Bible tries to get us to see just how faithful God is to us and some still miss it. I mean, people read the Bible through year after year and still fail to grasp the faithfulness of God. If something is forever, doesn't it mean forever? Doesn't it mean always? Doesn't it mean without ceasing? So why can't people grasp this concept? The Psalmist said that God's mercy endureth for ever. With that said, we should be able to understand Psalms 23, the most quoted passage of scripture at funerals, when David said, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever"(Psalms 23:6). If goodness and mercy are going to follow me until I die, that means forever through my entire life time. I can understand what Jeremiah meant when he said, "It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). WOW! I guess that's why Psalms 136 is one of my favorite Psalms. Twenty-six times the psalmist tells us that the Lord's mercy endureth forever. If I told you something twenty-six times, I think you would believe me. I would think you would know I was sincere and truthful.
Sing: Years I spent in vanity and pride, caring not my Lord was crucified, knowing it not it was for me He died, at Calvary.
Mercy there was great, and grace was free; pardon there was multiplied to me; there my burdened soul found liberty, at Calvary.

No comments:

Post a Comment