Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2013 February 13 - Morning Manna

And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage. (Exodus 6:9)
Today's Morsel: I have come to realize that trying to give someone advice when they are oppressed is like pulling hen's teeth. They aren't going to listen or heed your advice. They may seem like they are listening, but they aren't. They are so low within themselves, that nothing you say is getting in. Their heart is hardened, so to get through to them is going to take some time on your part. You will need to water the ground in order to soften the fallow ground. When God was sending Moses and Aaron to deliver the children of Israel from bondage in Egypt, Moses had told the Lord that the people weren't going to listen to him. Moses knew that the people had been under bondage for such a long time and that their oppression would make it hard for them to listen. I'm sure some of you have tried to give advice to others because you knew what would help them, but they chose to remain in bondage to drugs, alcohol, abuse, or the situation they were in, rather than heed the advice given. When Moses told the people that God was going to deliver them, scripture says, "But they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage." Because of all the pain and suffering and torment they had endured, they wouldn't listen. If you have been trying to get someone out of bondage, don't give up. Allow God to keep working through you, and hopefully they will come out.
Sing: Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorrow I felt, but Jesus came and listened to me, and glory to God He set me free.
He set me free, yes, He set me free, He broke the bars of prison for me, I'm glory bound my Jesus to see, glory to God, He set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment