Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2012 January 24 - Monring Manna

"In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land. But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof" (Isaiah 6:1-13).


Today's Morsel: Isaiah 6 one of my favorite passages of scripture. Isaiah's vision of what he saw in the temple carries with it some very important aspects that men and women need to observe if they are going to be used by God, or if they feel a tugging at their heart and they don't know which direction to go in their calling. I have been asked by men and women (young and old) "How do you know that you are being called by God to the ministry or to missions?" And I tell them:

1. You will begin to feel a tugging at your heart by the Holy Ghost. Dreams and visions may become regular.

2. You will begin to feel an urgency to pray more, read your Bible more, study more, fast more, and give more of yourself to the things of God.

3. You will begin to sense an urgency for witnessing to everyone you meet.

4. The things of the world will start to become dimmer and the light of Jesus will begin to shine brighter.

5. Your love for the human race and a lost people will begin to grip at your heart, and you will begin to see that you may not be doing enough for the kingdom. Even though you may be giving your best, there will be something that keeps pulling at your heart saying, "Come on up higher and I'll show you what shall be here after."

6. Attending and being at church will become an urgency and you just can't wait to get to the next service to hear what the message will be for you to obtain more wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.


God desires to use each of us the same as He did Isaiah, but we have to be willing to say as Isaiah did, "Here am I Lord, send me."

Sing: Jesus use me, O Lord don't refuse me, for surely there's a work that I can do. And even though it's humble, Lord help my will to crumble, though the cost be great I'll work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment