Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 January 12 - Morning Manna

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. (John 21:25)
Today's Morsel: The invention of the computer has made it easier to store information and data. On such a small micro-chip you can now store gigabits of information, books, and other data. With a click of a mouse, one can locate and read everything about anything in the world.
There have been many books written trying to bring people into a relationship with Jesus Christ. Many of these books stress the remedy for stress, depression, rejection, loneliness, abuse, and hurting. Many books use stories from the Bible trying to encourage and increase the faith of believers and nonbelievers alike. And some try to bring you into a daily walk with God. John said, "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written." The world couldn't contain the books if all that Jesus did was written. The Bible has been condensed into one book so that each of us can get just enough of what Jesus did do to increase our faith and encourage us. From the story of creation to Calvary on to the letters to the churches are all one needs to see what Jesus has done. Many other things that Jesus did that aren't written, John said, because the world couldn't contain the books if they were. What would you say some of those things are? I know some: He saved me from a life of sin and shame; He found me worthy to put me into the ministry; He saved my life so many times I can't even tell it all. But He had Paul write in his letter, "Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord." (Romans 16:13). That's all I need to know to make me see He's for real!
Sing: There was a time on earth when in the book of heaven, an old account was standing for sins yet unforgiven, my name was at the top, and many things below, I went unto the keeper and settled long ago.
Long ago, down on my knees, long ago, I settled it all, yes, the old account was settled long ago, and my record's clear today for He washed my sins away, when the old account was settle long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment