Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 December 29 - Morning Manna

"Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost"
(1 Corinthians 12:3).


Today's Morsel: I have noticed that because our world has lost its focus and has removed God from just about everything we do, there are books being written today that are trying to show people how to deal with stress, lose weight, plant a garden, care for animals, get out of debt, or find a health remedy. Very few books stress the importance of developing a strong relationship with Jesus, the One who can solve their problems. When books are written about Jesus, many authors choose their wording carefully as to not offend. The Apostle Paul wasn't concerned in his writing about Jesus Christ if it offended or not. Paul left no doubt in any mind as to what he meant when he wrote letters to the church. Paul wanted the church to know that just because Jesus was nailed to a cross (tree), that they should not think that He was accursed, as this was the law. He wanted them to know that it takes the Holy Ghost in a person's life to understand that Jesus Christ is Lord. In the Greek this translates as, kurios koo'-ree-os, which means: supremacy; supreme in authority, that is God, Lord, master, Sir. Until Jesus is given His rightful place in a person's life and allowed to be Lord over that life, stress, low self-esteem, and a lack of understanding are going to control that life. "For without me ye can do nothing. Jesus said in John 15:5. "The Lord said through the Prophet Isaiah, Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it"(Isaiah 43:10-13). God will work if you will let Him. Be sure you don't look elsewhere for your answers.


Sing: He is Lord; He is Lord; He is risen from the dead, and He is Lord. Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment