Saturday, December 10, 2011

2011 December 10 - Morning Manna

Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man. For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. (Psalms 43:1-5)
Today's Morsel: It is amazing how quick darkness flees when light is present. You can walk into a dark room and turn on a light and instantly the darkness is gone. The only place the darkness remains is in those places where the light cannot penetrate. When one's heart is darkened, there is an absence of light. Paul said, "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4). When we understand the Gospel, we understand that it is about Jesus Christ, the Light of the world. Those who follow Him will not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life (John 1:3). The Psalmist prayed that God would send out His light and His truth that they may lead him and bring him to the holy hill and the tabernacle. The light on the tower at an airport is to lead planes to their runway. When the light is sent out, it shows the way. Jesus said that we are cities set upon a hill that cannot be hidden. Therefore, we must let our lights shine that men can see our good works and glorify God. We are to shine so that others may see the way. When we understand that Jesus is both The Light and The Truth (John 8:12; John 14:6), we must live our lives so that He shines through us. When we spend time in His presence, His light will be renewed in us and then shine through us.
Sing: In His presence is fullness of joy, at His right hand, pleasure for ever more, oh what fellowship divine, I am His and He is mine, in the presence of the Lord, is fullness of joy!

1 comment:

  1. Standard options include hid light, daytime running lights and the signature Audi LED headlights and taillights.

    ReplyDelete