Saturday, November 26, 2011

2011 November 26 - Morning Manna

Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. (Matthew 26:36-39)
Today's Morsel: Have you gotten to the point of nevertheless in your walk with God? Have you made up your mind that you are going to serve God no matter what anyone else does? Often, we can become disheartened and may even think about walking away when others do us wrong or they say something that we may not like. Jesus told us that offense would come. If you knew that you were the only Christian on your job site, would you take a stand for the Lord? If you were diagnosed with an incurable illness, would you still serve the Lord? Scripture says that Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today, and forever. If He's the same, shouldn't we be the same? As new creatures in Christ, our lives should reflect Him in every way. We shouldn't be hot and on fire for God today and then cold and depressed tomorrow. This is where the nevertheless comes in. When Paul asked the Lord to take away the thorn from his flesh and the Lord told him that My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness, Paul's next comment was, "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong" (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). You see, nevertheless says, "I will still worship and praise God because I love Him, not because of the things that He may do for me."
Sing: I'm gonna praise the Lord anyway that I can, I'm gonna praise the Lord anyway that I can, praise Him in the morning, praise Him all day long, I'm gonna praise the Lord anyway that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment