Thursday, October 6, 2011

2011 October 6 - Morning Manna

And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause? (1 Samuel 17:29)

Today's Morsel:  I often wonder what causes people do certain things, act certain ways, or just do the things that they do.  I'm sure if I was to ask them, they may tell me the cause.  When David's brother accused him of pride, haughtiness in heart, and just wanting to see the battle, David said to him, "Is there not a cause?"  He was accusing David of being prideful, when David saw that there was a need for someone to do something about God's name being blasphemed and the army of God being made a laughing stock.  I've heard people say that Christians are weak.  And in some cases, I totally agree.  Many Christians will  just sit there while others are cursing and taking the name of the Lord in vain and never say a word to them.  I know that sinners curse, swear, and do foolish things, act foolishly, and may be loud.  They may never know that they aren't suppose to do it in front of other people  because they have never been taught.  But isn't there a cause from those of us who know?  Aren't we to help them become aware?  Shouldn't we make an on the spot correction?  As the Lord told Ezekiel, "Son of man, I have set you as a watchmen to give them warning that they die not in their sins."  Remember, greater is He that is within you then He that is in the world.

Sing:  Greater is He that is in me, greater is He that is in me, greater is He that is in me, then he that is in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment