Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2011 October 18 - Morning Manna

Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. (Acts 8:29-31).
 
Today's Morsel:  Many people have asked the question, "How do you know that the Bible is true?"  Some have said, "I don't understand the Bible."  While others have said, "It is just too confusing for me."  Paul said, "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:14).  To understand what is written in the Bible, you need to have the Spirit of Christ, because the Bible is a Spiritual book.  Peter said, "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:20-21).  As Jesus told Nicodemus, you must be born again.  When the Spirit sent Philip to the Eunuch in the desert, the Eunuch was reading the book of Isaiah, but he didn't understand what he was reading.  He thought the prophet had written about himself or someone else.  And so when Philip asked him if he understood what he was reading, the Eunuch replied, "How can I, except some man should guide me?"  How well do you understand the Bible?  Do you have trouble with its meaning, understanding, and wording?  Hopefully you have a pastor that can lead you and guide you into all truth.  The next time you are reading the scriptures and you come across something that you don't understand, why not go to your pastor and get clarification so that you may grow thereby.

Sing:  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
  
When I feel afraid, and think I've lost my way, still, you're there right beside me.  Nothing will I fear, as long as you are near, please be near me to the end.
 
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment