Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 January 3 - Morning Manna

I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. (Psalms 16:7-11)

Today's Morsel:  If someone were to ask you where you live, would it be hard for you to give them the directions to your house?  You would be surprised at the number of people who drive to their homes each day, but still don't know how to tell someone how to get there.  They never look at the landmarks or identifiable constructions to be able to use as marker to help people find their way.  I had one lady say to me, "Do you have a GPS? Just put it in and it will bring you here."  I just laughed and said to myself, "Can't believe she doesn't know how to tell me the directions."  If someone is looking for joy, can you tell them how to find it?   Do you know where joy dwells?  David said, "In his presence is fullness of joy and at His right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Joy dwells in the presence of Jesus.  So if you want to find joy, all you have to do is locate Jesus and you should find joy there too. Where is Jesus, He's suppose to be in your heart.

Sing:  I have found the joy no tongue can tell, How its waves of glory roll!  It is like a great over flowing well, springing up within my soul.
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory, full of glory, full of glory,  It is joy unspeakable and full of glory, Oh, the half has never yet been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment