Thursday, February 25, 2010

25 February 2010 - Morning Manna

And Naomi said, Turn again, my daughters: why will ye go with me? are there yet any more sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands? Turn again, my daughters, go your way; for I am too old to have an husband. If I should say, I have hope, if I should have an husband also to night, and should also bear sons; Would ye tarry for them till they were grown? would ye stay for them from having husbands? nay, my daughters; for it grieveth me much for your sakes that the hand of the LORD is gone out against me. And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her. And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law. And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her (Ruth 1:11-18).


Today’s Morsel: The book of Ruth is probably one of the most power-packed books in the Bible. Ruth reveals to us just what commitment is. She is also an example for the Christian to never lose hope. Ruth reveals that sometimes life may not be fair, but we should not allow things to push us into depression and low self -esteem. Ruth is also a book of faith. When she chose the God of Israel to be her God, God took notice. When she chose to make God’s people her people, God took notice. When she chose to dwell in the land where God’s people were, God took notice. This is an example of being committed to your vows and not allowing your location and situation affect your consecration to God. Let me encourage you, if your situation looks dim, don’t regress. Stay with God, His people, and in His church. God will honor your faith and give you a successful end the same as He did Ruth.

Sing: When gloom and sadness whisper you’ve sinned no use to pray, I look away to Jesus, and He tells me to say.

I see, a crimson stream of blood; it flows from Calvary, its waves which reach the throne of God, are sweeping over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment