Tuesday, February 23, 2010

23 February 2010 - Morning Manna

Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them. If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself. And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever (Exodus 21:1-6).


Today’s Morsel: Reading and following through history, slavery has been around for quite sometimes. It didn’t begin in America, as far as we can tell, slavery actually began with the children of Israel. However, they were set free, but some of them maintained a slave mentality. You see, when you are a part of something for so long it becomes a part of you and you begin to take upon you its ways, and it becomes hard for you to break. After being set free, many of the Israelite, were used to the ways of Egypt and they wanted to return. The same is true with many people today. Jesus came to set them free from the world and the ways of the world, but because they have become so attached to the world, it’s hard for them to let go, and so they want to return to that lifestyle and way because they became so accustomed to it.

The Lord told Moses “Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them. If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself. And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.” They were to be given a choice to stay or they could go. So my question to you today is this, are you making yourself a self inducted slave to this world and the ways of the world? Have you allowed Satan, the master of this world, to put you against a door post and pierce your ear and make you his forever? Friend, Jesus came to make us free and if the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. (John 8:36). You did your time in the world under Satan, harsh taskmaster leadership, and Jesus has paid your bail. Which choice will you make? Let me encourage you, go, and live free.

Sing: Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorrow I felt, but Jesus came and listened to me, and glory to God, he set me free.

He set me free, yes, He set me free; He broke the bonds of prison for me. I’m glory bound my Jesus to see, glory to God He set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment