Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 August 8

 “Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear” (Isaiah 59:1-2).

Todays Morsel:  I think that if more people understood how sin worked they would leave it alone.  James tells us that sin begins with lust; and that lust brings forth sin and sin bring forth death (James 1:14-15).  That’s how sin works.  Satan places things in front of us that causes us to lust as most people do not lust for spiritual things but for worldliness.  We must remember this is Satan’s domain. Isaiah tells us that the reason that God isn’t coming through to our request is because of sin.  If we are truly men and women of God, then we should know what goes against God’s word and avoid it.  One of the most efficient ways to identify sin is to ask yourself, does the thing that I want cause me to lust for more and does it cause me to be prideful?  If the answer is yes, it’s worldly, sinful, and should be avoided.  Always check yourself for sin daily.

Sing:  Jesus hold my hand; Lord I need Thee every hour. Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power.  Hear my feeble plea, oh Lord look down on me.  When I kneel in pray I know I’ll meet You there.  Blessed Jesus hold my hand.

Thought For Today: Check yourself for sin daily. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment