Thursday, August 23, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 August 23

“And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed is before him. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart” 
(1 Samuel 16:6-7).

Today’s Morsel:  Someone said, “If all the babies that are born are beautiful and cute, then why are there so many ugly adults in the world?”  Ninety-nine percent of humans do not look at the character of others before they go into a relationship with them.  Usually, they look at the person's outward appearance, status in life, family, or financial standing.  Samuel, the priest of God, was sent to anoint a new king for Israel, due to King Saul’s disobedience.  King Saul had been selected, based on what seemed as his stature and looks, as scripture says, “And they ran and fetched him thence: and when he stood among the people, he was higher than any of the people from his shoulders and upward” (1 Samuel 10:23).  And so, in my opinion, Samuel assumed that the next King should be the same.  But the Lord told Him, “Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart”.  If God looks on a person’s heart, their character, then we must also.  

Sing:  Amazing grace, shall always be my song of praise, for it was grace that brought my liberty.  I do not know just why He came to love me so, He looked beyond my faults and saw my need.
I shall forever lift my eyes to Calvary, to view the cross where Jesus died for me.  How marvelous the grace that caught my falling soul, He looked beyond my faults and saw my need.


Thought For Today: Character counts.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the auspicious writeup.The writing work is remarkable, and I am so pleased that you were able to share this article here.
    autoketing app, https://autoketing.com/project/sale-pop-master
    https://apps.shopify.com/sales-pop-master

    ReplyDelete
  2. think that you deserve compliments for your posts.I love putting together useful information, this particular publish has got me personally a lot more info
    Kick The Buddy game for kids online game Def Island best game Papa's Scooperia

    ReplyDelete