“A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit” (Proverbs 29:23)
Today’s Morsel: Sometimes we may not understand how dangerous pride really is. Solomon tells us that pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall (Proverbs 16:18); and that only by pride come contention (Proverbs 13:10). We may have pride in our lives and we may not even know it. Let me share with you Ten (10) humorous indicators of pride that we may not be aware of that can be destroying us. They are:
1. Wearing tight shoes.
2. Busting the seams in your spandex.
3. Having to remove your high- heel shoes during church because they hurt your feet.
4. Talking loud on your cell phone in a public place.
5. Shopping at Walmart in your PJ’s
6. Making payments on a tattoo
7. Wearing sagging pants
9. Wearing your hat on backwards
10.Gangster leaning in a hooptie
Solomon said that a man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. Don't let pride bring you low, keep a humble spirit before God.
Sing: He’s changing me, my Blessed Savior, I’m not the same person that I use to be. Well, it’s been slow going, but there’s a knowing that someday perfect I will be.
Thought For Today: Leave off pride before it be mettled with.