Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 June 13

"And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone. But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me” (Matthew 14:23-30).

Today’s Morsel: A lot of people think that the SOS distress signal is an abbreviation for “Save Our Souls” or “Save Our Ship.”  But “Save Our Souls” and“Save Our Ship.”   are back-ronyms; and the letters SOS don't really stand for anything.  It is International Morse distress signal.  Like 911, these distress call signs mean that you need help right now.  When Peter exited the boat to walk to Jesus on the water, scripture says, "....but when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me."  Peter immediately sent out a SOS call that he needed help right then.  Jesus responded to his SOS call and reached out and saved him.  Do you feel as though you are sinking in the day-to-day circumstances of life?  Have you sent out a distress call to Jesus?  He will answer when you do.  

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore.  Very deeply stained within sinking to rise no more; but the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry; from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me. Love lifted me. When nothing else could help, love lifted me.  Love lifted me.  Love lifted me. When nothing else could help, love lifted me.

Thought For Today:  Always remember heaven's international Morse code… JESUS  (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment