Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 June 7

Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?  (1 Kings 3:9)
 
Today’s Morsel: I heard a comment recently that has had me a little perplexed.  The comment was, “If you take care of the ones that no one wants, God will give you the ones that everyone wants.”  When I heard this, I thought to myself, who are the ones that no one wants?  And who are the ones that everyone wants?  For me, I only want those that God desires me to train to send into the harvest field.  If a church doesn’t want everyone, and they are only taking care of those in need in hopes of getting a millionaire added to their church, their motive is wrong and it is not a true church.  They are not embracing everyone as Christ would have them do.   I’m not concerned with the status of who is there, my job is to preach the gospel.  God is not willing that any should perish.  So we should be taking care of those that others may not want.  Yet to do it for riches or gain is not according to God's will nor His plan.  Solomon didn’t ask for the rich nor for riches.  He asked for wisdom to judge the people.  It was then that God gave him the things he needed.  It is all about our motive.  Seek ye first the kingdom, and Jesus will take care of everything else.  

Sing:  It shall be light in the evening time, the path to glory you will surely find, through the water way; it is the light today, Baptized in Jesus’ name.  Young and old, repent of all your sins, then the Holy Ghost will enter in. The evening time has come; tis a fact that God and Christ are one.

Thought For Today: Preach the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment