Monday, July 25, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 July 25

When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. And he must needs go through Samaria.
(John 4:1-4)

Today’s Morsel: Ever​y so often when traveling, I like to take detours to see what I can ​come upon that I haven’t seen ​ before​, or visit people that I haven’t seen in a while.  Scripture says that Jesus must needs go through Samaria. We know that 
​He talked with the woman at the well and explained to her the truth of the gospel, and that many others came to know ​Him as Christ, but what was the real need there?  I believe ​He took this detour because of the division between the Jews and Samaritans. ​It is my thought  that Jesus knew that if He didn’t break down the middle walls of partition between the Jews and Gentiles while ​He was on the earth by showing others that ​He was no respecter of persons, ​H​is disciple ​might not carry the full truth of ​ the gospel to others. We are all called to make a difference in the lives of someone else.   But if we have respect of persons in our heart​,​
 we ​won't share the gospel with them, leaving them without hope and help.  The detour that you have to take today may be God’s way of saying to you​, "Someone on this route needs to hear the gospel.
​"​

Sing: ​Where he leads me I will follow! Where he leads me I will follow! Where he leads me I will follow! I’ll go with him all the way.

Thought ​For ​Today: The detour that you have to take today may be because someone needs to hear the gospel. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment