Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 July 19

Then said the high priest, Are these things so? And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran, And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
(Acts 7:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: Some of my favorite subjects in school were U. S. History, World History, and Political Science.  Even today, I find myself studying Biblical and Military History.  So I guess I just love history.  Really, the Bible is not only a book to teach us character and salvation, but it’s also a history book.  If people would read Biblical and world history, they would see the dogma error of evolution and false religions.  Acts chapter 7 is a Biblical History Lesson given by Stephen to the religious leaders and the apostle Paul.  Even though they killed Stephen for his lesson to them, this lesson would prove valuable to the apostle Paul in years to come when he was converted to Christianity. He wrote to Timothy, “According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen” (1 Timothy 1:11-17).  Though some may try, you can’t change history.  Jesus Christ the same, yesterday, today, and forever.


Sing:  All over the world, the Spirit is moving, all over the world, like the prophets said it would be; all over the world, there’s a mighty revelation, of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Thought For Today:  You can’t change history! (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment