Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 July 20

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. (Ephesians 5:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  Probably my favor scent is Honeydew Melon.  I also like the smell of “Beyond Paradise” that my wife wears.  When I was living in Asia, you always smelled the different smells of incense.  Many of them were used in sacrifice in the temples and personal worship and sacrifices to Buddha.  One of the pieces of furniture in the temple was the brazen altar of incense.  The priest was to present incense for a sweet smell with the sacrifices unto the Lord.  Paul said that we would follow Jesus' example, “And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.”  As living sacrifices, we should always have a sweet savour - a sweet disposition to God and others.

Sing:  Make me an instrument, an instrument of worship, I lift my hands to Thy name.  All glory and honor to Jesus forever, I lift up my hands to Thy name.

Thought For Today:  We should always have a sweet disposition to God and others. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment