Saturday, February 13, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 February 13

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
(1 John 4:16-21)

Today’s Morsel:  Lenna turns to Ole and says, “Ole, you never tell me that you love me anymore.” Ole looks at Lenna and says, “Why my Lenna, I told you when we got married, did you forget?” (Humor).  Today, billions of dollars will be spent on flowers, candy, rings, jewelry, dinners, cars, and cards to express one’s love towards another.  I often wonder why some only choose one day to say it, when scripture tells us to let it continue (Hebrews 13:1).  To me, love is one of those things that we, as well as our world, can us more of.  But love isn’t found in things. True love is found only in Jesus Christ (1 John 4:16).  Once we have His love dwelling in us, then we understand what true love is and we are able to share it freely with others.  Spread His love, not just on this day of love, but every day. 

Sing: I love you! I love you! I love you! What more can I say, but that I truly love you.  And I'll try to live my life so that it says it to, I love you! I love you! I really love you.

Thought For Today: Remember love is spelled T-I-M-E

No comments:

Post a Comment