Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 February 10

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. (Matthew 18:10-14)
  
Today’s Morsel: Soul winners are some of those first responders that often times go without getting the recognition that they deserve.  They are the ones that hear the cry of the lost, those drowning in the sin of this world, that hear the cry of the brokenhearted and the dying.  They are the ones that hear the shout and alarms from heaven, that say, "Someone needs your help."  They are the ones that understand what Jesus meant when He said that He was not willing that any should perish.  The Apostle Paul was one of those first responders.  He heard the cry of a man in a vision in Macedonia saying, “Come over and help us” (Acts 16).  He saw the lost and dying on Mars Hill and set them free (Acts 17).  Paul was not willing that any should perish, but that all would come to repentance. Soul winners understand that once you have ninety-nine rescued, there may still be one more crying out for salvation.  First responders always operate under the motto “So that others may live.”  So what about you?  Are you a first responder for the Kingdom?

Sing:  I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained with sin, sinking to rise no more; But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help. Love lifted me. Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love, lifted, me.  

Thought For Today: He that winneth souls is wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment