Monday, July 29, 2013

2013 July 29 - Morning Manna

"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him" (Psalms 34:8).
 
Today's Morsel: There are certain foods that I really love. I can remember once when my friend's mother cooked a banana pudding, and my friend allowed me to taste of it without his mother's permission. After that first taste it was so good that I couldn't stop eating it. And before long, a large portion of her pudding was gone. When my friend's mother came home and saw her banana pudding, needless to say she was not a happy camper with us. Just a taste can cause you to want to eat the entire thing when something is good. Some foods are so good, you just hate to see when it's all gone. I have seen people go back for seconds, and when they realize that it is all gone they say, "Who ate it all?" The psalmist tells us to taste and see that the Lord is good. If we will just perceive within ourselves how good Jesus truly is, we will want more and more of Him all the time. God is good. So why not taste and eat all of Him. And the Word was made flesh (John 1:14).
Sing: I keep falling in love with Him, over and over, and over and over again. He gets sweeter and sweeter as the days go by, oh what a love between my Lord and I; I keep falling in love with Him, over and over and, over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment