Friday, January 29, 2010

29 January 2010 - Morning Manna

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed
(Psalms 37:25-26).

Today’s Morsel: If you were asked what does it mean to be blessed, how would you describe it? Do you consider yourself blessed or do you consider yourself as lacking? Me, I’m always blessed and highly favored of the Lord. Speaking of Abraham, the writer of Hebrews said, “For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee” (Hebrews 6:13-14). God told Abraham that He would bless him. Paul said that when we are baptized into Christ, we become Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:27-29). If you are His seed, then you are blessed. Even if in your eyes you don’t think that you are, you really are. The blessing of the Lord isn’t about material things all the time. It’s more about a relationship and understanding of God. When we know Jesus and have an understanding of Him, blessing from the throne begins to flow to us. Each day that we awake we are blessed. I’m sure you’ve all heard the saying, if you don’t think that you are blessed, ask the man that has no shoes to put on his feet. Or, if you don’t think that you are blessed, ask the homeless who have no where to sleep. If you don’t think that you are blessed, think about the person who doesn’t have eyes to read this Manna as you do. As Jesus told His disciples, many eyes hath desired to see the things that you see and have not. Think about!

Sing: I am blessed, I am blessed, every day that I live I am blessed; when I wake up in the morning, til I lay my head to rest, I am blessed, I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. io jogos gratis
    play free friv Games
    a10 kids

    I am cool with the page and fine with it being an open page. I only bring it up because there was recently a thread on the page discussing the open nature of the page. During that thread it was pointed out that the church opted not to operate a facebook page and so several congregants began and administer the page.

    ReplyDelete