Tuesday, January 19, 2010

19 January 2010 - Morning Manna

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full (John 15:11).

Today’s Morsel: Isn’t it amazing that the things we often look for, such as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, humility, and self-control, are already inside of us? I believe that we need to stop looking elsewhere for the things that Jesus has already put inside of us. As Paul told Timothy, stir up the gift that is with you (2 Timothy 1:6). Jesus said these things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. You see, when you got the Holy Ghost, joy came with it. So if you want joy, you just need to prime the pump within you and bring it forth. As a born again believer, you just need to do an inventory and see what is in the treasure chest that Jesus has already given you. If we will just read the word of God, and apply it to our lives, we will see that Jesus did not leave out anything that we would need for our life and survival. I don’t pray for strength nor do I ask anyone else to pray for me for strength, because I’ve already determined that the joy of the Lord is my strength and that it is within me. I don’t ask for nor do I pray for patience, because it already there inside of me. I have to teach myself to wait on God and let the Holy Ghost do its job in me. Paul said “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us” (2 Corinthians 4:7). The Holy Ghost is Christ within us, and with that, we are able to do exceeding, abundantly above all that we may ask or think according to the power which worketh in us. We have so much more beyond what we can think or ask within us. If you are missing anything, you don’t need to ask anyone else. Jesus said to ask Him that your joy mighty be full. If you are feeling down today, then let me encourage you, look within, as joy is not in things but rather in you.

Sing: The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength.
He fills my mouth with laughter, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! He fills my mouth with laughter, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! He fills my mouth with laughter, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! The joy of the Lord is my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment