Wednesday, January 27, 2010

27 January 2010 - Morning Manna

And I commanded you at that time all the things which ye should do. And when we departed from Horeb, we went through all that great and terrible wilderness, which ye saw by the way of the mountain of the Amorites, as the LORD our God commanded us; and we came to Kadeshbarnea. And I said unto you, Ye are come unto the mountain of the Amorites, which the LORD our God doth give unto us. Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged

(Deuteronomy 1:18-21).

Today’s Morsel: I really like reading the book of Deuteronomy. It is a recollection by Moses telling the children of Israel what the Lord had done for them and what He had commanded them to do. A few weeks ago in service, our pastor was reflecting on the tragedies that they had been through in their lives and how the hand of God was with them through them all. He said, “'Somehow' God brought us through." The saying hit me like a ton of bricks. It was as though God said to me, "Stop and reflect on where I’ve brought you from." There were times of danger, there were times of loss, there were times of hardships, but somehow, somehow God brought me through. Oh! If we would only reflect on what God has done for us and not despise the day of small things, we would stand in awe of what God has done. Our Wisconsin State Superintendent for UPCI, Brother John Putnam, ministered that same Sunday saying, “Just One Simple Step.” We all took that one simple step to God and look what He has done in each of our lives. There are things that I have seen and places that I have been that if I had not taken that first step to God, I probably would never have seen or gone. We never know what God has in store for us, but if we will take that first step, God will do wonders in our lives. Moses wanted the children of Israel to know what God had done for them, and so he said, “And when we departed from Horeb, we went through all that great and terrible wilderness, which ye saw by the way of the mountain of the Amorites, as the LORD our God commanded us; and we came to Kadeshbarnea. And I said unto you, Ye are come unto the mountain of the Amorites, which the LORD our God doth give unto us. Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.” He wanted them to know that even though it was tough, God brought them through. So let me encourage you today, you may feel like it is a wilderness walk, but God is taking you to a better place and you are going to be able to look back and say, "Look what the Lord has done!"

Sing: Look what the Lord has done, look what the Lord has done, He healed my body, He touch my mind, He saved me just in time. I’m going to praise His name, each day He’s just the same, I’m going to praise Him, I’m going to praise Him, look what the Lord has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment